Rick's Critique of the Cosmic Coincidences: Appendix B
The Particle Zoo, Energy and the Mutability of Matter
Read Cosmic Coincidences Appendix B: The Particle Zoo, Energy and the Mutability of Matter
This Appendix summarises briefly the basic physics of:-
This may be a little ambitious in 19 pages, so forgive me if it is less than complete.
- The structure of ordinary matter in terms of its constituents;
- A definition of energy;
- An explanation of the fundamental forces (electromagnetism and the strong and weak nuclear forces), and why they are best regarded as energy fields;
- The mutability of matter - transmutation of the elements and the interconversion of matter and energy;
- The sub-atomic particle zoo - which particles are fundamental?
- The standard model of particle physics.
Go to Cosmic Coincidences Next Chapter Abstract
Go to the Cosmic Coincidences Chapter Selection Page
Go to the Cosmology Tutorial page
Go to Rick's Cosmology FAQ
Go back to Rick's Home Page (Main Menu)
Contact me and other links